Wednesday, October 29, 2008

STORY OF THE HOUR QUOTES

1.] "Knowing that Mrs. Mallard was afflicted with a heart trouble, great care was taken to break to her as gently as possible the news of her husband's death." This is an introduction of the passage. this introduction shows a characteristic of Mrs. Mallard. It shows that Mrs. Mallard is probabyly a very emotional person, so they need to break the news to her as gently as possible. Also this reminds of something that happemned to my grandma anout two weeks ago. Her twin sister died, and my aunty and my uncle came to my house like something exciting happened.

2.] "There was something coming to her and she was waiting for it, fearfully." I chose this quote because, i thought it was eye catching, and it shows that something is about to happen. It gives you an anticipation of what is going to happen next.

3.] "pressed down by a physical exhaustion that haunted her body and seemed to reach into her soul." I chose this quote because to me, this was a really strong quote. It caught my attentions the most. It is a very emotional quote, and she uses it to achieve her point in the passage.

4.] "There was something coming to her and she was waiting for it, fearfully." I chose this quote because this is another place where she keeps the readers attention. She keeps them anticipating reading the rest of the passage.

5.] "She was beginning to recognize this thing that was approaching to possess her, and she was striving to beat it back with her will..." To me this is also one of her strongest quotes. In this quote, she talks about this thing that is comg to take her away. This also keepes the reader wanting to know what the thing is.

My questions?????

1.] Why do you think she states that "Why do you think she staes "When the doctors came they said she had diesd of heart disease of the joy that kills???""

2.] Why do you think Kate Choplin wrote the passage in this manner?

3.] Do you think death knows age?

2 comments:

stephanie said...

Chinyere please can you tell me the login that you use to get the articles!write back or email it to me at cruz10@msn.com thanks

chinyere said...

um its tw99 and t-birds or its t-birds and tw99